[dba-VB] Pushing data to a web page

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Apr 27 12:50:48 CDT 2005

On 27 Apr 2005 at 12:51, Perry Harold wrote:

> Drew
>
> Do you perhaps have a sample of going the other way - Retrieving from a web
> page?  I regularly access a site to retrieve data for one of my databases.
> Go to main page - select by an id number and then clip some of the data.
> Would like to automate if possible.

For automating writing to or reading from webpages or any other
application, IMHO the best solution is to use a tool designed specifically
for that type of operation rather than trying to cobble something together
in VB or whatever.

Take a look at AutoIt http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

The latest version includes a DLL/COM control so that you can add AutoIt features to your VB applications

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg