[dba-VB] VB.Net expert

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 28 14:12:19 CDT 2005

Just some maybes

It is possible he has copied something into his project with the same name,
and end up with confusing situations (for instance, it is very logical
to call a Dataset
"customers" when that Dataset deals  with customers, but then you'll be
tempted
to name it's helper class "customer" as well, because that class also
deals with customers. I know
it's annoying, but I'ld stick with "dsCustomers", "clsCustomers",.

If you have duplicate names,somehow. When loading a project, the IDE
cannot warn you nicely like
it does when you compile/deploy a project : if it sees
duplicate/ambiguous names, it has to handle them in any way it sees
fit, and that often means removing one of the references. Remember
that it can remove object/methods from your code, because as much as
it can generate code, it can also remove it (that is what it does when
you remove a control from the designer : it removes the corresponding
lines of code from the code-behind).

Also check if auto-generate has been ticked off , to fire when you press
F5 sometimes it gets unchecked.

Check if the project folder is read-only, remove the read-only attribute of
project or bin folder. try to rename/delete the .pdb file also. see if it
works . These debugging files can get out of sync.