[dba-VB] VB.Net - Hook an open program

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Aug 22 22:06:22 CDT 2005

I want to load an application that loads scheduled tasks into classes from a
database.  Once the tasks are loaded I want my service to call this
application and ask it to run any tasks that the scheduler deems ready to
run.  Is it possible for one program to call another open (running) program?
I would like the scheduler to be part of the service but until the system is
debugged I want the scheduler to be a program with a user interface that I
can watch.  For this reason, the service would cause the scheduler to load,
and then periodically "call" the scheduler and ask it to check its list of
tasks and run any as appropriate.  Is this possible?

http://folding.stanford.edu/