[dba-VB] RSS Feed database

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Aug 24 10:14:58 CDT 2005

Do I have no takers helping me get this thing working?  The end result will
be a system for logging an RSS feed into data tables for analysis or use.
Could be niiiice.  ;-)

I have made good progress, I have a database set up in SQL Server
specifically for this project.  I have the tables built per the script
included in the C# zip.  There are two records in the WebNewsSource table.
I am logging in to the database.  The issue at this point is that the SP
that is supposed to return the rows in the database apparently doesn't.

The SP looks like:

-----
-- Stored procedure that will select an existing row from the table
'WebNewsSource'
-- based on the Primary Key.
-- Gets: @ID int
-----
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[upWebNewsSource_SelectOne]
	@ID int
AS
SET NOCOUNT ON
-- SELECT an existing row from the table.
SELECT
	[ID],
	[Source],
	[RSSURL],
	[RSSSelect],
	[RSSTitle],
	[RSSLink],
	[RSSDescription]
FROM [dbo].[WebNewsSource]
WHERE
	[ID] = @ID

GO

How do I go about just running the SP passing in an ID and viewing the
results?

http://folding.stanford.edu/