[dba-VB] Running an application from a service - DotNet

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Aug 9 13:04:22 CDT 2005

VB.Net - I have successfully created a service with a timer that ticks every
X seconds/minutes/hours.  It is writing to the Application Event Log so I
can see that the tick is happening.

Now I need that service to now run an "external" application, i.e. (for
example) run an Access application, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this?

My next step is to create a VB.Net application that pulls data out of a
table and turns it into a CSV file, marking the records as exported.  I will
need to run that application at a specific time of day so I need my service
to run this program.

http://folding.stanford.edu/