[dba-VB] Is this possible (X-posted)

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Mon Dec 12 17:03:43 CST 2005

 Hi Jim,

Sounds possible to me.  In fact this is what web services are for IMO.
One way I would do it is...

Client app connects to WS, gets authenticated.
Client app calls WS method for list of available fields,
Client chooses which fields are required, pass back to WS, WS stores in
your DB, client stores local copy.
Client calls WS method to return data.
Client calls WS method to upload data.

Not sure you want to directly access there db's, let the WS and Client
app do the DB work.

cheers

Michael M

DDI Solutions Pty Ltd