[dba-VB] Vb.net ADO Equivelent to recordset

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Fri Jul 22 08:57:34 CDT 2005

http://www.programmingmsaccess.com/FAQs/Recordsets.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-vb-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-vb-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John W. Colby
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 7:27 AM
To: dba-vb at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [dba-VB] Vb.net ADO Equivelent to recordset

I need to manipulate a recordset like I would in VBA

	with rst
		.findfirst
		SomeVar = !SomeField
		SomeVar2 = !SomeField2
	end with

What is the equivalent in ADO / .net?  I do not need to bind this to a
control, and all of the examples I am finding for .NET assume I just
want to
bind it to a grid or a list or something.

In fact I do want to bind it to a class if that is possible.  I am
building
a class pair where one class represents an individual record, and the
parent
class represents a table (an indexed collection of the record classes).
The
first class has properties (variables) for each field in the table, and
the
init will load the values in.  The second class needs to open the
"recordset", and then start instantiating the first class, initializing
with
data from a given record, storing in a collection and moving to the next
record.

I have done all of this in ADO in VBA using the adodb.recordset object
but
don't find the equivalent in .net.

http://folding.stanford.edu/