[dba-VB] SQL Server - User not associated with a trusted connection

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Sun Oct 16 22:42:24 CDT 2005

What does this mean?

I am struggling to get a DotNetNuke web site running on some system at my
home office.  I have IIS set up and running, SQL Server set up and running,
SV 2003 Installed and running.  I followed the directions in the DotNetNuke
book which has me set up a SQL Server database, a DotNetNukeUser user, using
SQL Server logon (which MAY be the issue).  I created the database, the
user, the password and told the DotNetNuke web.Config all this info but when
the ASP install script runs and tries to access SQL Server I get this "not
associated with a trusted connection" error from SQL Server for this user.

I believe that when I set up SQL Server I told it to use Windows Login.  Is
it possible to use either one independent of the other.  IOW, can I use a
specified SQL Server user / password even though I told the install to use
Windows login authentication?

If not, what do I do?  Set up a DotNetNukeUser user in Windows and then pass
in that Windows user and it's password in the connection string?

I am sooooo close I can taste it.

http://folding.stanford.edu/