[dba-VB] Bound form - vb.net

Griffiths, Richard R.Griffiths at bury.gov.uk
Thu Apr 20 03:47:23 CDT 2006

Hi

You can bind to various objects such as datasets and your business
classes.
I initially started binding to a dataset but quickly moved on to binding
to my class objects and this offers huge power IMO as you can bind to
all properties in your class and my class objects handles all the
updates to the BE db.

So in my form I would call BindFields which does something like this

	With tbLastName.Databindings
		.clear
		.add("Text",myClassObject,"LastName")
	end with
	bm = Me.BindingContext(myClassObject)	(bm is
bindingmanagerbase object)

For multiple records I would use an Array List to hold all my class
objects (records)

	With tbLastName.Databindings
		.clear
		.add("Text",myArrayList,"LastName")
	end with
	bm = Me.BindingContext(myArrayList)	(bm is
bindingmanagerbase object)

I know there is more to discuss in the area (such as using a strongly
typed collection class to hold my class object) but...

HTH

Richard