[dba-VB] Error using data controls

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Tue Jan 3 12:18:37 CST 2006

I am having huge problems using the toolbox to add a data grid to a form.  I
drag and drop the data grid on the form, and it opens a dialog box which
allows me to select the data source.  I select an existing source, and a
specific table, and the wizard closes, but the error list now contains
errors stating that the data source they the WIZARD OFFERED ME (and which
does exist in the project) does not exist.  If I click on the error I am
taken to:

    Private Sub InitializeComponent()
        Me.components = New System.ComponentModel.Container
        Me.DataGridView1 = New System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView
        Me.C2DbConquestDataSet1 = New C2DbConquest.C2DbConquestDataSet1
        Me.TlkpServiceBindingSource = New
System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource(Me.components)
        Me.TlkpServiceTableAdapter = New
C2DbConquest.C2DbConquestDataSet1TableAdapters.tlkpServiceTableAdapter

Where both the

	New C2DbConquest.C2DbConquestDataSet1

And the

	New
C2DbConquest.C2DbConquestDataSet1TableAdapters.tlkpServiceTableAdapter

Are squiggly underlined and claimed to not exist.  I can't tell you how many
hours I have wasted trying to get this thing to happen.  Does anyone have a
clue what is going on?