[dba-VB] Vb.net - all the recordsets

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Sun Jan 8 17:19:54 CST 2006

Nope, just VB6.

Drew

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	John Colby [SMTP:jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com]
	Sent:	Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:59 AM
	To:	dba-vb at databaseadvisors.com
	Subject:	[dba-VB] Vb.net - all the recordsets

	I'm wondering how experienced users of DotNet handle all the
recordsets
	required for real database applications.

	In Access, you build a query and assign it to a property of a form
or data
	aware control such as a list or combo.  Access handles the details.
In
	.Net, at least if you do it in code, you have to do a TON of stuff
for each
	control - connection, command, data table etc.  I haven't wrapped my
mind
	around it yet so it probably seems bigger than it really is, but
just trying
	to build one tiny little unbound form... Well... It still ain't
workin' yet.
	Now I like bound as much as anybody but there are just times when...

	Is anyone out there (on this list?) actually building database apps
with
	this beastie?