[dba-VB] C#?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed May 17 02:18:44 CDT 2006

I go back years with Cobol and keep in touch with the Big Iron
guys even heard Admiral Grace Hopper lecture on Cobol
Theoretically you could write any language compiler for .Net
even APL.

Yup, Net version has been out for about two years, not exactly an
inexpensive
product. It also integrates with Visual Basic.

Fujitsu NetCOBOL for .NET Compiler

http://www.netcobol.com/products/windows/netcobol.html

Integrating Visual Basic with NetCobol
http://www.netcobol.com/info/whitepaper/msdotnet12_01_whitepaper.htm
http://www.netcobol.com/info/whitepaper/visualbas.htm
http://www.netcobol.com/products/windows/cobol.htm#5
http://www.netcobol.com/info/whitepaper/Fujitsu_Best_of_COBOL_Best_of_GUI.pdf

It produces Microsoft's Intermediate Language (MSIL) that executes under
the Common Language Runtime (CLR). This language-neutral, platform
independent environment enables COBOL code to be mixed with any other .NET-
supporting language (such as C# and VB .NET) on any .NET-supporting
platform.

Microfocus has a similar product Net Express

Kath Pelletti wrote:

>Great links - thanks Marty. I had no idea there were converters available commercially - just hadn't thought of it. One of the contractors here has a code generator in C# - maybe we'll convert it if we're running short of time,
>
>Cobol.net?? :)
>
>Kath

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.