[dba-VB] Does anyone have

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Dec 10 14:55:26 CST 2007

We do that, John, but we create usercontrols for subforms.  Our UI
objects,forms and subform usercontrols show up in the toolbox, and we
simply drag them onto a form as needed. You can embed a form within a
form, but when you use it as a usercontrol, you lose some of the methods
and properties.  We generally put a FillData routine (or some such) into
a form or usercontrol where we want to filter the records and pass in
the parameters needed to retrieve the right dataset.  When the
parameters change through navigation, we pass in the new parameters.  If
the dataset is already filled, you can pass it as an object to the
usercontrol and then just adjust the data bindings in the usercontrol to
point at the passed dataset.

Charlotte Foust