[dba-VB] Launch and monitor external programs from .NET

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Dec 20 23:03:34 CST 2007

I looked and couldn't see the problems you were referring to.  My app
seems to work ok (fingers crossed).

The only problem I have now is that if I want two different PDF's
downloaded they can't be done.  The reason seems to be that
Respond.End() ends the scripting of the page.  Here is my code (simplified):

         boolRPXReport = False
         Dim split As String() = strReportNoList.Split(New [Char]() {"|"c})
         Dim strReportNo As String
         For Each strReportNo In split
                 'Code here gets values for strReportType
                 intReport = CInt(strReportNo)
                  If strReportType <> "pdf" Then
                    'Code here gets ActiveReport and adds it to
rptCombined.Document
                     boolRPXReport = True
                 Else
                     'If the report is already a PDF then it should
be downloaded separately
                     Response.ContentType = "Application/pdf"
                     Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition",
"attachment; filename=" + strReportFile + ".pdf")
                     Response.TransmitFile("D:\PDFFiles\" +
strReportFile + ".pdf")
                     Response.End()
                 End If
         Next strReportNo

         If boolRPXReport = True Then 'Download the combined report PDF
             If Me.PdfExport1 Is Nothing Then
                 Me.PdfExport1 = New
DataDynamics.ActiveReports.Export.Pdf.PdfExport
             End If
             Me.PdfExport1.Export(rptCombined.Document, m_stream)
             m_stream.Position = 0
             Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=PVPBlankReports.pdf")
             Response.BinaryWrite(m_stream.ToArray())
             Response.End()
         End If

Is there any way for the code to continue processing each strReportNo
even after one PDF has been downloaded?

David