[dba-VB] VB.Net

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jul 24 08:52:59 CDT 2007

I need to format a date as "YYYYMMYY-HHMMSS" and turn into a string to
include at the end of a filename.  There does not seem to be a format
property for the DateTime.Now itself.  In VBA I would use
format("FmtString",now()) but that doesn't work (no format keyword
apparently).  There is a format method of the string object but it still
requires an object to format which seems counter intuitive, it should just
format the string object that it is a method of.

So how do I accomplish what I am trying to do here?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting