[dba-VB] VB.Net - System.IO.Stream

Ron Allen chizotz at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 4 12:34:48 CDT 2007

Hi John,

Stream is an abstract class so an instance can't be created. You need to create
an instance of a specific type of stream then pass that. I've never
used it, but I suspect what you need is a MemoryStream, you might want
to check into that.

Ron

Wednesday, July 4, 2007, 10:24:23 AM, you wrote:

> I am working with a library that wants a stream passed in.  NOT a
> StreamReader, a plain old stream.  According to the docs, Stream is supposed
> to be a member of System.IO but it does not appear to be.  According to
> Microsoft's docs, Stream is supposed to be the base class and is supposed to
> be accessible.  I cannot get at it.

> Does anyone know how to reference System.IO.Stream?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000754-0, 07/04/2007
Tested on: 7/4/2007 12:34:49 PM