[dba-VB] VB.Net XML - store form defaults

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Jul 19 10:27:01 CDT 2007

The specific "how" is use the databindings properties of the form.
Typed Datasets are the easiest to work with because even in design time,
they know what the properties of their source is--fields, data types,
etc.  We normally create a class for each typed dataset, give it
whatever business rules we want to enforce at the data level, and drag
the class form the toolbox onto the form or user control.  That creates
the binding to the form and you can then control the binding to the
controls in design view or through code.

Charlotte Foust