[dba-VB] Address Processing

Borge Hansen pcs at azizaz.com
Sun Jul 22 02:24:37 CDT 2007

Hi John,
I've been following your threads on the subject of your SQL Server system on and off, the latest being:
Subject: Re: [dba-VB] How I'm approaching the problem

Where you wrote: "...The fact that I export the name / address back out for
address processing immediately is irrelevant, I will do so every month for
the rest of eternity...."

I am curious as to what your address processing entails...if you have been writing on this previously I missed it...

Does the address processing entail returning geocode on the address?

I am currently using Google's MAP API to process addresses and having them returned with a geocode including degree of accurary
(street, suburb or zip).... I am using some javascript picked up somewhere on the internet.... The javascript uses a webpage
textcontrol as the input for address processing (I copy and paste about 1,000 address records from an access table into the
textcontrol), and outputs the data records returned from Google as tab delimited lines of text to another text control on the same
webpage. So I can process about a 1,000 addresses at a time... but at present I have to manually copy and paste the processed
addresses from the text control into a say Access table....

What I am after is code that allows me to use a table (Access or SQL) as input and another table for inserting the processed
addresses.... Is this something you are doing?

Anyone else who can help out here?

Regards,
Borge Hansen