[dba-VB] Count of specific character

Foote, Chris Chris.Foote at uk.thalesgroup.com
Wed Jul 25 05:38:29 CDT 2007

Morning John!

I do not know of any specific special function to do this, but there's a
trick I use in Excel using the SUBSTITUTE function. I use LEN to get the
number of characters in the original string. Use SUBSTITUTE to replace the
character I need to count with "" (nothing). LEN the results and subtract
this from the original LEN.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Chris Foote