[dba-VB] Work with SQL Server and Express edition

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat May 26 06:58:50 CDT 2007

I want to work with express edition databases as the data source for some of
my VB.Net projects, but full SQL Server databases for others.  How do I go
about doing this?  I started with express edition on my new laptop simply
because I installed Visual studio first and it installed Express edition.
Then I went out and found / installed the Express edition Management Studio.
When I tried to install SQL Server Standard Edition, it basically told me
there was nothing to do, and did not install Standard Edition Management
Studio, which I need.

What do I need to do now?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting