[dba-VB] Count a character in a string

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Sat Apr 12 18:00:38 CDT 2008

True, don't use .Net much though.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-vb-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2008 4:33 PM
To: dba-vb at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [dba-VB] Count a character in a string

Hi John and Drew

The UBound method looks nice. Wouldn't it read in VB.Net:

  intCount = Split(strTest, "|").GetUpperBound(0)

/gustav

>>> DWUTKA at marlow.com 12-04-2008 22:50 >>>
Hmmm, two ways I can think of.

One:

Dim strRecordLine() as array
strRecordline=split(yourstringhere,"|")
NumberOfSeperatorCharacters=UBound(strRecordline)+1

Two:
Dim strTemp as String
strTemp=Replace(yourstring,"|","")
#ofCharacters=Len(yourstring)-len(strTemp)

Drew