[dba-VB] SQL VS VB

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Apr 29 13:44:40 CDT 2008

 > If the parser dll runs at about 800 records/s, 93 mio. records will
need 33 hours as a minimum. Or?

Precisely Gustav.  What I WOULD like to do is spin off a thread to do
the SQL Server update so the parser could go back to work on the next
chunk.  IOW put the update in parallel with the parser instead of in
series with it.

In fact if I had this running on the 4 core system I could probably call
the parser DLL in several threads as well.

In fact if I ran the VB.Net application on a separate machine, then the
SQL Server machine could be just running updates and another machine
running the application.

What I REALLY need is a thousand blade mini-super that I could just run
the entire thing in parallel.  It would only take a few minutes then.

;-)