[dba-VB] vb.net - Updates

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Wed Apr 30 13:28:58 CDT 2008

Thank you, John,

You have a very good PC, lucky man! :)

As I wrote already I (I'm sorry) did post incorrect query - I wanted to run
this one:

SELECT RowNum, PKID from  ( select
	Cast(ROW_NUMBER() over (ORDER BY [PKID]) as int) as RowNum, PKID
  from [Names]) s
	where (s.RowNum % 1000) = 1
union all
Select NULL as RowNum, Max(PKID) as PKID from [Names]

It will also return 96K rows for your huge table, but it's expected (here)
it will get first results instantly, and it will finish within just several
(3?) seconds...

Please prove am I wrong with that bright above expectations on the execution
time of the fixed version of the query?...