[dba-VB] VB.Net 2005 copy a form

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jul 2 11:30:42 CDT 2008

Hi William

That brings some relief - I thought I was missing something obvious.

I'll try your method next time.

/gustav

>>> wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com 02-07-2008 18:12 >>>
Gustav

...I never "copy" a form outright ...I found it cited as a bad practice on a
"best practices" list when I first got into vs5 ...it supposedly led to all
kinds of problems down the line ...my practice is to first create a new form
in VS and then to copy the contents of the original to the new leaving what
vs created alone ...I've not had any problems with this (knock on wood) and
its "almost" as easy as copying and renaming a form.

...I assumed ms would have fixed such an obvious problem in vs8 but then
I've been assuming such in Access since A97 days ...and what do I have to
show for such faith? ...a ribbon! :(

William
"My friends, we live in the greatest country in the world. Please join with
me as we try to change it." Obama