[dba-VB] VB.Net 2005 copy a form

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Tue Jun 24 19:56:42 CDT 2008

Maybe copy to a diff project and remane there and then copy back might
fix the  refactor issue?

OTOH maybe inherit from the 1st form (base) to create 2 new forms...

cheers

MM

Hi John

You can copy and paste the .cs file in the Solution Explorer pane. The
copy will be renamed and you can rename that to what you want.

However, if you in the Properties pane later rename the copy of form to
the new name, I've found that the refactoring mechanics will rename
references to your form not only in the .Designer.cs file (correct) but
also in the original .Designer.cs file (really nasty)! What do others
do?

/gustav

>>> Johncliviger at aol.com 24-06-2008 17:21 >>>
Hi All

How do you copy a Form in VB.Net 2005?  I have a form with 100+
controls. I need a very similar form and It seems a real drag to type
that lot  again. Any sugesstions?

TIA

johnc