[dba-VB] Using MapPoint To Get Driving Distance

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Fri May 23 06:25:46 CDT 2008

To all,

I am trying to get driving distance from MapPoint 2006 using Visual Basic
6.0, which I have done.  The problem being that it takes roughly two seconds
to retrieve the distance.  Has anyone had any experience of doing something
similar and could possibly point me in the right direction of finding a
faster way.  Two seconds doesn't sound like a long time, but when we want to
schedule about 30 people on a job, this adds around a minute to get the
distance's from the employees postcode to the client's postcode.

Also I am having trouble with some postcodes especially BT8 (Ireland), if
you type BT8 it will not find the location, however if you put the address
in it finds it and shows the postcode as BT8, where in Google maps it will
find BT8 without a problem.

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.....

--
Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at googlemail.com