[dba-VB] VS2008: ProgressBar displays on XP, not on Vista

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Sep 15 10:40:49 CDT 2008

Gustav,

Background workers are easy to create and use, and are the lazy
programmer's friend!  Our forms are so complex (because of the
"intuitive" behavior requirements, not the inherent design) (all
right... SOMETIMES because of the inherent design ;~>) that sometimes a
background worker is the only practical way to handle something that
needs to happen but isn't legal or doesn't work properly within a
routine.  In other words, we use them a lot.  We have some standard
objects, like a "wait" form that uses a background worker to keep it
updated and it works fine.

Charlotte Foust