[dba-VB] SCRUM team progress report...

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Apr 7 04:20:55 CDT 2009

Hi Doug

Great to see you back. I thought you had left the building ...
Note that we moved the discussion to dba-vb.

Here is my App.config file:
---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
    </configSections>

    <!--
    <connectionStrings>
        <add name="Northwind.NET.FE.Properties.Settings.NorthwindNETConnectionString"
            connectionString="Data Source=HAMBURG\SQL2005;Initial Catalog=NorthwindNET;Integrated Security=True"
            providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>
    -->

    <connectionStrings>
        <add name="Northwind.NET.FE.Properties.Settings.NorthwindNETConnectionString"
            connectionString="Data Source=213.150.48.59\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=NorthwindNET;User ID=dbascrum;Password=mypasword"
            providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>
</configuration>
---

Yours should look similar. If you wish, I can send you my password to test on my server.

Yes, you need to use the SVN to commit (provide) the files you create.
To obtain the current version, use the update command. After updating, I've found that you need to (re)build the solution. I've never seen troubles as you describe with the datasets.

/gustav

>>> dw-murphy at cox.net 07-04-2009 02:26 >>>
Folks,

Sorry I am so late on this.

Downloaded the latest back up of the database and restored to my SQL
Express. Downloaded the solution files and upzipped and brought into VS2008.
So far so good. I created the Products form from the dataset diagram with no
problem. Changed the Connection string property in the appconfig file to my
sql server and database. For some reason the existing datasets don't seem to
recognize my server and file. I can rebuild them using the new connection I
have but I shouln't have to do that. What did I miss?

I have done this with several other projects with no problem so I must be
missing a simple step somewhere.

Do I need to use the source control system to provide my files?

Doug