[dba-VB] http://northwind.codeplex.com

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Apr 3 15:34:33 CDT 2009

Hi Arthur,

No, you do not need to download Subversion - you can just download the current source code from:

http://northwind.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/3814

Please note *3814* is the latest full set of source files.

When you get ot downloaded then:

- unzip the archive;
- attach db from \Database subfolder to your MS SQL 2005/2008 (Express) server (of course you can first copy these db files to your usual local location of db files);
- start C# 2008 Express/VS 2008 Standard/Prof and open Northwind.Net.sln;
- apply three SQL scripts from Northwind.NET.FE\Datasets\SQL subfolder;
- correct connection string in Northwind.NET.FE project properties dialog to point to your SQL Server server (you can find info how to do that in a short video-clip located in \Tutorials subfolder)
- compile/build/debug/run the application