[dba-VB] Click-Once setup...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Apr 6 13:40:28 CDT 2009

Hi All,

Here what I have got with Click-Once:

- I have got installed .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. and now every time I try to start Click-Once app from URL it asks me:

Would you like do download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework?

And I have .NET Framework installed.
If I let to reinstall/repair it accepting the above proposal .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installs well but the next time I'm trying to use Click-Once .... it goes crazy cycle asking

Would you like do download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework?

Reboot doesn't help.

Nothing so far helped. (even if I do not use prerequisites it (Click-Once loader) wants to reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 SP1)...

Have you ever seen something like that? (it reminds me COM DLL-Hell times)...

If you know how to fix that issue that wouLd be very useful here.

When testing the same Click-Once URL on another PC without .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 it works well - you can try (watch line wraps):

http://shamils-4.hosting.parking.ru/click-once/Test2/WpfHelloWorld.application?Company=Test&UserId=Guest

Is the only solution to uninstall .NET Framework 3.5 SP1? But will it help? (BTW, installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 was very slow and "ate" about 500MB from system HDD and I can't find where it went taking into account that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 seems to be just around 20MB large)...

That's a first time I'm having real trouble with .NET Framework related setups...