[dba-VB] CodePlex Northwind.NET - Welcome, Mission Statement and Roadmap sections added to home page

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Apr 22 08:40:15 CDT 2009

Hi Arthur,

I meant using colon -- ':' -- symbol instead of comma -- ',' --.

Yes, I agree, let's not dispute the variations of English first of all because your English style and grammar is what I like a lot, and because SCRUM very nature is to avoid any dispute and to come to a consensus. Thus, let's come to a consensus for this special case where I wanted to somehow outline/deduct (using colon -- ':' -- symbol) the last part of sentence -- "for everybody's advantage" -- from the preceeding part -- "...to use the right tools for the right jobs" ? (And I used ellipsis -- '...' -- in my e-mail message to note that I'm quoting a sentence not from its beginning...)

Looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colon_(punctuation) I see I have probably used colon symbol as

- "syntactical-deductive: introduces the logical consequence, or effect, of a fact stated before"

but I must say such usage is deducted from Russian or Italian, both of which I learned a long ago - in previous century :)

As far as I see you use a lot a construct with two dashes - '--' - let's use it in this sentence?

"...to use the right tools for the right jobs -- for everybody's advantage."

OK?

Shamil ;-)