[dba-VB] Click-Once stopped to work on my Vista PC....

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Aug 22 08:20:09 CDT 2009

I was also inquiring about the specific language you guys are using, VB or C#.

So what is the story in terms of compatibility between the express editions and the standard?  I
know that there are express edition things that won't work in the standard edition (at least for VB)
but if you don't use those can the code be worked in the standard edition environment.  IOW can a
project be worked on in both environments.

I own the standard edition but my thought is that the express edition is free.  I know the response
to your solicitations to work on the projects haven't been overwhelming, but if people do want to
participate, the cost of the standard edition might be a stopper.  As an example IIRC William uses
the free editions.

Also is there something in the standard edition that makes it a must have, capabilities that the
express edition does not have.  Obviously there is SOMETHING.  How about the one click publishing.
Is that unavailable in the express edition?