[dba-VB] One Click publish

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Aug 24 14:06:32 CDT 2009

Hi John and Gustav,

I must say, I have spent some time trying to figure out how to setup some
data(base) locally with Click-Once setup - and I just gave up because that
wasn't a work paid by a customer urging that setup and having a money to pay
for it: I mean this is a very advanced subject IMO - "Click-Once setup with
local data(base). For myself I decided to use Click-Once setup only talking
to (external) web-services or to local preinstalled MS SQL database, which
connection string is known for Click-Once app (although I didn't test how it
works) - Click-Once apps are usually having very limited access rights to
the host system they run on - IOW they run in "sandbox" - one can try to
bypass these limitations by using Code Access Security (CAS) manipulation on
runtime but again that's is an advanced subject...

...IOW Click-Once setup of apps with unlimited permissions is as dangerous
as ActiveXes setup - not recommended(?)...

"There is no free cheese in this world"