[dba-VB] C# SQLCommand.Timeout

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:12:22 CST 2009

Hello John,

I have struggled with this value, and mixed it up with the connectionTimeout
also.  As a result, when I think there will be a delay, I also set it to
zero, and then I sleep easy.  I did that two years ago with
out troublesome app, and now it works and works and works.  Whats the
downside of infinite timeout.  If it takes three weeks, you will find out
anyway, but why kill it after ten mins when it would have finished
successfully in 19.45 minutes.

Mark