[dba-VB] Application settings

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Dec 7 09:00:02 CST 2009

Hi John

The file containing the settings is app.config.

To hold "global" settings you could create a small project with just this file and reference it from any other project.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 07-12-2009 15:03 >>>
OK, it appears that each project has its own set of properties.  If I set the same property in the
current project's property set then

Properties.Settings.Default["ServerName"].ToString()

works just fine.

But that is not the behavior I want.  I need a SOLUTION property set, which appears to not exist?
Which perhaps would explain why those who have done this before roll their own?

Does anyone have code to do this so I don't have to roll my own (a.k.a. reinvent the wheel) too?