[dba-VB] favicon (was: Syslogs)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 7 22:43:28 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav:

The Favicon only seems to work reliably, in all browsers, if there is an
absolute link.

If you have access to the web server's DNS (forward lookups) and the zones,
multiple connections can be easily setup, by just adding an alias to the
domain and then depending on the server, it will allow access to icons at/on
any web server location:

Website:
http://www.mywebsite.com

Icon code in the header and icon location:
<link rel="shortcut icon"
href="http://icon.mywebsite.com/img/mywebsite/favicon.ico" />

Jim