[dba-VB] LINQ for EF Example (Part I)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Jul 17 15:34:45 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav,

Yes, this is a great feature.

I have just published SPJ sample database at:

http://northwind.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=26600#D
ownloadId=75624

I have made this sample database developed here by typing its data from the
book, which I have got purchased here in 1981, in USSR, Russian Edition.

С.J.Date has released this year yet another book - I'd recommend it as it's
IMO more modern/advanced/suitable for professional db developers:

SQL and Relational Theory, 1st Edition
by C.J. Date
January 2009
ISBN-10: 0-596-52306-8

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596523060/

"Understanding SQL's underlying theory is the best way to guarantee that
your SQL code is correct and your database schema is robust and
maintainable. In SQL and Relational Theory, author C.J. Date demonstrates
how you can apply relational theory directly to your use of SQL, with
numerous examples and clear explanations of the reasoning behind them.
Anyone with a modest to advanced background in SQL will benefit from the
many insights in this book."