[dba-VB] Which .Net Framework Should I Use?

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Wed Jun 3 21:29:26 CDT 2009

>> one is that C# results in more readable code etc.

I disagree with this statement.  The quality of the code (performance and
readability) is proportional to the quality of the developer.  I use both C#
and VB.Net.  For the most part, you can write the same code in both
languages and get very readable code.  People can make just about any
language's code poorly readable.

This is not a post against C#, I actually prefer C#, although I use VB.Net
at work.

One thing I noticed while looking for a job a few years ago is that some
regions have more C# jobs and others have more VB.Net jobs.

I would personally target the latest framework.  I think the .Net framework
4.0 is not too far in the future.

Bobby