[dba-VB] Problem while publishing ADO.NET Data Service...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Jun 5 06:15:27 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav and Mark,

ADO.NET Data Services works with .NET 3.5 SP1 - it was used for my recent samples.

Here is a good link

http://astoria.mslivelabs.com/

and I used this one

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc907912.aspx

to make the live sample here

http://shamils-4.hosting.parking.ru/NorthwindNetDataService/NWNetDS.svc

and this Dynamic Data Web Site I have made by just clicking some menu options and buttons in VS2008 SP1:

http://shamils-4.hosting.parking.ru/NorthwindNetDynamicDataWebSite

As you can find performance is rather good (but db is small of course) - such site can be further augmented with custom web forms AFAIU (I haven't read how to so that yet), as you can see this site uses ASP.NET/AJAX, I guess it may also use ASP.NET MVC Framework etc.

And it can be used "out-of-the-box" to at least enter/edit lookup tables' data - what it can do at most - the latter have to be investigated...