[dba-VB] Problem while publishing ADO.NET Data Service...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 7 11:54:42 CDT 2009

Hi Shamil:

I have been watching this thread for a bit and was wondering, if proceeding
along this direction is in fact tying the designers and users to a very
proprietary desktop and set of BE services?

Just to get much of the apps running requires the very latest patches and
specific downloads, products that are not integrated into the default
Windows OS. Only the most carefully managed office location would be able to
even run this technology.

>From my point of view the following is the reality:
1. On most sites I am just the contractor and not as the head IT guy.
2. Clients want to hire me not marry me.
3. Many sites using 'mixed' desktops (Windows/Mac/Linux).
4. The trend is towards 'portability' on cross-platform environments.

On the other hand, this is all great fun technology and I have been very
much enjoying this thread.

Jim