[dba-VB] Updating Toolbox in VB Express

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jun 20 02:25:37 CDT 2009

Hi Susan

Now, I don't what you and Charlotte are up to, but I hope you create some DataSet.xsd files and use the designer to create your datatables.
Also, have the box with Data Sources on display; this will contain your datasets, and you can easily drag and drop full tables or single/selected fields to your form.

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at gmail.com 20-06-2009 00:06:09 >>>
I've been learning how to create typed datasets and the process itself isn't
particularly difficult, but often, I couldn't get VB Express to update like
I think it should. For instance, after adding a reference between a form
project and a class library project that contained a typed dataset, I
couldn't get the dataset to show up in the Add Dataset dialog box -- Under
Typed Dataset, the Name control displayed Referenced Datasets. When I
clicked that, I got nothing -- an empty list.

Today, after adding the typed dataset to a form, I couldn't find the project
components in the Toolbox. Running Imports statements in the form forced the
issue, but that shouldn't be necessary, should it?

Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work, and if so, I just don't get it
yet.

I looked all over for some kind of Refresh, but didn't find anything.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just ignore me -- I am most
likely using the wrong terminology.

Susan H.