[dba-VB] ASP.NET MVC Framework

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Jun 29 05:44:25 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav and all,

I have got read

"ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Quickly"
By Maarten Balliauw

over weekend. Good book for starters with ASP.NET MVC 1.0 as I'm.

As for ASP.NET MVC 1.0 - after reading the above book I decided to wait what
will come in ASP.NET MVC 2.0: ASP.NET MVC 1.0 is built on top of ASP.NET and
I'm now under impression now that it's more a "marketing tool"/R&D project
than a robust framework for application development - at least developing
web pages to present and edit parent/detail relationships/data promise to be
a real PITA with ASP.NET MVC 1.0. ASP.NET MVC 1.0 is good for simple sites
as  http://stackoverflow.com/ is. One can mix ASP.NET WebForms with ASP.NET
MVC 1.0 within one web application but I must say I do not see strong
reasons to do that if one has good working knowledge of ASP.NET 3.5. ...

I can be missing something...

What are your opinions?