[dba-VB] Syslogs

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:35:20 CDT 2009

Hmmm, ok I will think about that...but when you say "..so that I can..." do
you mean your application or you as an individual?

What I am getting at is, why not just send it to everyone?   Why cherry-pick
individuals?

EG; on one of my apps, I have, oh, all sorts of messages flying around, but
on each FE there is a timer running on the main menu and periodically it
will go to see if there are any messages in the table which handles this
sorta stuff.  IF so, the user has a pop up with the option to Sleep for x
mins (default to 15) before it reminds again.  It will never go away until
the user has read it, unless you (the originator) says it can time out.

Sorta stuff...if you can get my drift.  Don't need to send system messages.
It is handled with the app.

Max