[dba-VB] SCRUM: Northwind .NET Product BackLog Planning Game...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Mar 14 13:21:13 CDT 2009

Hi SCRUM Team,

Please estimate "ideal hours" to develop our first project product backlog items using "SCRUM planning poker cards" with the following values:

0, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, ???

Please send your estimations to me (Shamil.Salakhetdinov AT gmail.com) to make here a common worksheet with all the estimations to use them on the next estimation round.

Please do not post your estimations here on this first round to make first round estimantions as independent as possible - http://www.crisp.se/planningpoker/

Below is the list of BackLog items with some estimations I made - just as examples. Three question marks estimation means that it's unclear how much time it will take to make that item implemented (Here it's a pivot form, which doesn't have built-in direct correspondence in .NET WinForms hence it's unclear what we will do here and how much time this work will take. If you know the answer - please make your more definitive estimation for this item.)

I made my below several estimations assuming we will use built-in WinForms features as in samples I used previously.

I have made my own estimation of all the items already - it looks like we should fit well 100 hours (20x5).

Please ask your questions.
Please make your estimations.

You can download workbook with BackLog items here:

https://cid-000971dc34dc18c0.groups.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/NorthWind.NET/SCRUM%7C_Planning%7C_Game.xls?ccr=365

or here:

http://www1.atwiki.com/dba-vb/pages/5.html (http://www1.atwiki.com/dba-vb?cmd=upload&act=open&pageid=5&file=SCRUM_Planning_Game.xls)

P.S.