[dba-VB] ReportViewer and report design

Mike Mattys mmattys at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 2 13:11:00 CST 2009

I installed all Windows Update stuff missed since December
Also installed Visual C# SP1 and VWD SP1 (Includes SQLS2008)
Continued installing VWD_RV_Addon_enu.exe and ReportViewer.exe.

Shamil's solution will run in Debugging but Build give me these errors:
Error 1
The type or namespace name 'Reporting' does not exist in the namespace
'Microsoft'
(are you missing an assembly reference?)
C:\ ...
nwnet\NorthWind.NET.VS2008\NorthWind.NET.FE\Reports\SalesByCategoryReport.Designer.cs
[Line] 73 [Column] 27 NorthWind.NET.FE

Warning 2
Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly
"Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a". Check to make sure the assembly exists on
disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation
errors. NorthWind.NET.FE

Warning 3
Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly
"Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a". Check to make sure the assembly exists on
disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation
errors. NorthWind.NET.FE

Warning 4
Could not find type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportViewer'.  Please
make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced.  If this
type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has
been successfully built.  0 0

Warning 5
The variable 'reportViewer1' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Net
Team\nwnet\NorthWind.NET.VS2008\NorthWind.NET.FE\Reports\SalesByCategoryReport.Designer.cs
59 0

Warning 6
The referenced component 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common' could not be found.

Warning 7
The referenced component 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms' could not be
found.

Doesn't look too serious! :)

-
Michael R Mattys