[dba-VB] ReportViewer and report design

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Mar 2 16:59:44 CST 2009

Sorry, I have to go to bed - it's 1:50a.m. here and tomorrow at around 7:30a.m. I have to drive my son to school:

Let's me summarize current status of development tools of team members:

- Gustav - VS2008 Standard - compiles OK VS2008 Prof. solutions with Report Viewer Control, can edit .rdlc reports in desigh mode
- Doug - VS2008 Prof - OK;
- Mike - C# 2008 Express Edition - still unclear is that version ready to be used to design reports but it should be ready to design forms - so probably we can have Mike designing forms and testing.
- John - VS2005 Standard - no yet feedback how well this version compiles sample solution prepared using VS2005 Prof. John could you please test that by downloading samples from:

this link http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/download/scrum/nwnet1.zip

or this link

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/download/scrum/nwnetdbs.zip
?

- Shamil - VS2005 Prof or VS2008 Prof. - both OK.

====

Does everybody have MS SQL 2005 Express or MS SQL 2005. MS SQL 2008 should be OK also.

I have both MS SQL 2005 Express and Prof. versions - the backup I posted here

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/download/scrum/nwnetdbs.zip

can be used with any of them.