[dba-VB] Scrum & C# - VS versions we have

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Mar 12 03:01:31 CDT 2009

Hi SCRUM team at all,

Just added to simple sample application:

https://cid-000971dc34dc18c0.groups.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/NorthWind.NET/Samples/SimpleWinForm/NorthWindWinFormSample%7C_3.zip

- NorthWindDataModelDataSet - dataset having the whole datamodel;
- ShipperOrdersForm - Parent/Child;
- CategoryProductsForm - Parent/Child, Database Image Binding.

Please note the above sample *does* intentionally/occasionally have got some issues/inconsistencies, which should be talked through/fixed in the real conversion project. For example:

1. Shipper table has ShipperId id field and Order table has ShipVia foreign key field - the latter should be better named ShipperID;

2. Relationships in MS SQL 2005 database are not renamed manually after upsizing - thus when designing datasets relations get Order_FK1 name etc. - relations should be better renamed on the database level to have them consistently named in datasets and referred in winforms' binding...

etc.

The above issues are not critical of course but desirable(?) to be fixed...

There could be other non-critical/critical issues - please note them and propose the way(s) to solve/workaround them...