[dba-VB] SCRUM Is source code control working OK for you?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Mar 26 11:48:55 CDT 2009

Hi SCRUM Team and all,

OK, this should:

Right-Click Project name -> Properties -> Settings -> NorthwindNETConnectionString

with setting value =

Data Source=HAMBURG\SQL2005;Initial Catalog=NorthwindNET;Integrated Security=True

which should be edited and then app.config's <connectionStrings> sestion is getting (re-)generated. But as far as I can see the value from app.config is not used by strongly-typed datasets - instead hardcoded value from

Northwind.NET.FE -> Properties -> Settings.Designer.cs is used...

We can keep replacing each other connection strings if we will be commiting

Settings.Designer.cs and app.config - IOW better not commit them if we do not introduce new settings.

In any event take anote that if you are getting trouble opening say CategoriesForm then you have to edit connection string in project settings not in app.config.

Sorry for confusion I introduced. (I must say I rarely use strongly typed datasets but this issue/subject is another story we can talk in half a year probably - maybe in that time I will become adept of strongly typed datasets and ADO.NET Entity Framework and I will forget my current preferences of using custom object models with as little ADO.NET as possibel and without any strongly typed datasets at all...

P.S. I have to make a correction of my video tutorial now.