[dba-VB] SCRUM: Sprint - 1st week plan

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:01:36 CDT 2009

Hello Gustav,

Thanks for the update, I also fear that I may have some tasks that I should
be doing, but am not.

I guess that I could attempt to get the current code version and review it
as Product Owner, but somehow, I fear that I may not be supposed to 'look
behind the curtin' until it is ready.

So, currently I have no work to do, anyone may correct me if I have this
wrong.

I am also using the SCCS at the moment, on another project, and getting more
and more pleased with how well it works.  What I have not delved into yet,
is the concept of branches and trunks, perhaps I should put that on the
list.

Also, we will eventually need to store the db in source control also.  I
tried a a few years ago to get a fast way to do that, but did not really
achieve what I wanted.  Of course one method is that I could place the db on
the same server as the SCCS but if we do that, it must have some element of
care taken, so that one developer does not break the other work.  It may not
be urgent, but for sure we will eventually need a protected db that is there
for each developer to try out major versions of his work.  For the minor
versions, he can work in his own local machine.

This then brings the other arkward issue of connection strings, which I find
to be a pain when I have many systems to work with, and to test code.

What is great about SVN and the other tools is they are so good and they are
free. that is amazing.

Thanks

Mark