[dba-VB] FYI: SCRUM/Agile - Born To Cycle

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed May 27 19:28:50 CDT 2009

Hi Arthur,

Thank you.

Let's try to do some WPF search&development while waiting for the team to gather?

I think we can make one form XBAP sample applications - XBAP applications could be like that:

http://shamils-4.hosting.parking.ru/xbap/Postcard3d.xbap

or very simple like that

http://shamils-4.hosting.parking.ru/xaml/WpfBrowserApplication1.xbap

and they can be published on any Internet server as they do not need server side dedicated process because they are downloaded and executed on client side in browser's "sand-box" - XBAP applications can run in IE7, IE8 and in FireFox 3.x. AFAIK. Of course the XBAP applications do require .NET Framework installed on client side.

Let's try to make for starters a simple Shippers form running as XBAP application. This form will not talk to the backend database - it will use hardcoded data: let's concentrate on this stage on learning how WPF controls can be placed and styled on a WPF page/window/form.

For the next 90 minutes long SPRINT here the task is to make such a simple XBAP application.
Arthur, for you I'd propose to look for WPF sources to learn - here is one good link on WPF videos:

http://windowsclient.net/learn/videos_wpf.aspx

Let's set deadline for the Shippers form to appear as an XBAP application for the next Monday - 1st of June 2009 - by that time I expect you'll get some WPF knowledge/experience and maybe some more developers will join us for us to plan the next steps together - OK?